2019 Viognier with Crab Cakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Italian seasoned is best)
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsps fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat (fresh or canned)
1. Mix bread, mayonnaise, Old Bay, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment or aluminium foil. Oil the tray making sure to get oil under each cake. Portion into 2 oz cakes (or 1 large spoonful). Pat lightly into a round slightly flattened cake. and place on oiled tray.
3. Bake at 350 for 3-5 minutes. Flip and bake another 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
4. Serve warm or at room temp. Garnish with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
NOTE: This will make 8 appetizer portions or 4 entree portions.