2020 C2 White Blend with Lemon Butter and Herb Pasta
May 22, 2020
A light butter garlic sauce is infused with fresh lemon and herbs and served over your favorite pasta.
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 2 tbsps minced garlic (about 4-5 cloves, more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (or juice of roughly 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (from the lemon before you squeeze it)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups hot water (more as needed)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp each of chives, parsley and tarragon (any herb will do)
- 1 lb spaghetti (or other thin pasta)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute until it begins to break down but not brown.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, white wine, lemon juice and lemon zest, red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add spaghetti (or other thin noodle) and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Add enough of the hot water to cover the pasta. Stir and continue to boil.
- As the liquid is absorbed by the pasta continue to add water until the pasta is al dente (or done to your liking). It may be more than 3 cups depending on the pasta.
- Once the pasta is done, sprinkle with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Pair with Hovey C2 White blend and enjoy!