2018 Viognier with Lobster Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta (or similar)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- kosher sale
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Fontina
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
- 1 lb lobster (fresh if available, but canned works just as well)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley (optional, but a lovely touch)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cavatappi until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with nutmeg if using, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, Fontina, and 1/2 cup Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in pasta and lobster and transfer into a 9"-x-13" baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine Panko, the remaining Parmesan, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over pasta. Bake until bubbly and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with roasted veggies (broccoli, carrots and onions) or a spinach salad with Champagne dressing.