2016 Barbera and Chuck's Best BBQ Burgers
March 16, 2020
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp parsely
- 1 tsp chili powder of your choice (optional)
- Mix sausage and ground beef with herbs and chili powder (optional).
- Roll into loose rounds, then flatten with palm of your hand to about 1-inch thick. Use your thumb to make a small indent in the middle – this will help keep the patty from bulging in the middle as it cooks.
- Salt & Pepper each side of the burger. Let sit at room temperature while the grill heats up.
- Heat grill to high (~400 degrees)
- Grill burgers for ~3 minutes per side on direct heat. Then move to indirect heat for an additional 2 minutes (longer depending on how well-done you like your burgers.)
- Remove burgers, tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serving suggestions: serve on grilled sourdough bread with grilled onions and crumbled blue cheese (or feta, or whatever cheese you have on hand).