2017 Chardonnay with Charcuterie Platter
April 8, 2020
Charcuterie boards are the darlings of Instagram these days. You can 't have a party without one. But here's the thing - they aren't just for fancy events. These boards are the perfect at-home appetizer, and can make a wonderful lunch or dinner.
- 3 Cheeses - hard, soft, flavored or marinated
- 2 Crackers and/or bread
- 3 Spreads - sweet (like jam or honey) and savory (like pesto or hummus)
- 3 Cured meats - salami, proscuitto, bacon
- 3 Veggies - grilled asparagus, marinated mushrooms, crudite (carrots, celery, etc.)
- 2 Nuts - can be mixed, spicy and/or sweet
- 1 Olives
- Survey what you have available.
- Select at least 4 of the 7 ingredients. If you don't have any meats, then use veggies, and vice versa.
- Find a great board or platter. It can be as simple as your kitchen cutting board, or as fancy as Grandma's silver tray.
- Collect all your ingredients in front of you along with the platter/board. This is important so you don't forget anything.
- Select small bowls for the spreads, nuts, olives and such.
- Place the bowls around the board - one on each corner, or clumped together in the middle, or however you think feels right.
- Then set the cheese. Place one cheese next to each of the bowls. If using whole blocks of cheese, make sure to include a small knife.
- Around the cheese, place the meats and/or veggies.
- Finally, use the crackers and bread to fill up any open space.
- Be creative! You can add fresh herbs, small pieces of chocolate, anything that might add something unexpected to the board and to your palate.